I haven’t done a tag in a long time and when HVR stabbed me in the back extended me one, I had no choice but to accept.
The tag demands me to reveal 7 random things about myself, preferably relatively unknown facts. Sounds disarmingly easy but as I found out, it’s pretty tough , assuming you make an attempt not to state the bleeding obvious like HVR or blaspheme – according to HVR – like abhipraya.
Here goes my list.
- I have an irritating habit of launching into nonsensical songs or loud humming when trying to concentrate on studies. It was quite a giveaway in my schooldays when my mother used to listen outside the door if I was studying or reading “useless books”. However the singing more or less died away once I reached college because of the extreme rarity of the causal event.
- At the age of 10, I used to play tennis against the wall – which I later learnt had a whole sport built around it called Squash 😀 – pretending myself to be Thomas Muster and the wall to be André Agassi. I wasn’t actually a fan of Muster or for that matter, didn’t even really understand Tennis then, but the name had a ring to it which I liked. Perhaps my preference for Nadal over Federer has something to do with those sultry afternoons I spent smacking a plastic ball as The King of Clay.
- My lean frame belies my love of good food. In particular, I am an eternal connoisseur of Chicken Biriyani and can find my way to the restaurant with the best C.B in any town I end up in Kerala, given I have been there at least once before.
- One for the well-known fact quota. I am a die-hard fan of Liverpool FC and detests anything that has to do with Man Utd.
- Now for the blasphemy. I prefer to watch a VVS Laxman in full flow more than a Sachin Tendulkar in full flow.
- One of my biggest regrets is that I didn’t venture out for a single quiz in the first two years of college.
- At different points in my life, I adored Harry Potter, Backstreet Boys, WWF and Steven Seagal movies. On realising their uncoolness on coming into contact with their grown-up versions, I now treat them with the contempt they deserve. 😀